The Radmalls

The Radmalls

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Staycation

Ty and I are definitely not big into Valentine's Day.  I know some people love it and get so into it with  their hubbies and their kids and I have no judgment at all (in fact sometimes I wish I was more excited about fun little holidays).  I just personally think it is overrated.  Restaurants are so packed and busy and flowers cost triple the normal amount.  Ty and I still go out and celebrate, but we always do it a different weekend and we don't really get each other presents.  We just go out on a date.  

This was by far my favorite not Valentine's date celebration.  My amazing parents offered to watch Payton for the day and overnight.  So we rented a hotel room (which is also a lot cheaper not on Valentine's weekend) in downtown Salt Lake and had a stay-cation.  It was more of a sleep-cation though.  We went to bed at 9:30 that night and woke up at 10.  It was amazing.  Between being 35 weeks pregnant, having a sleep talking husband and having a newly potty trained toddler I don't sleep very well these days.  Every little noise wakes me up.  So this little getaway was much needed.  

We went out to dinner at our favorite restaurant Twigs up in Farmington by our old house.  It is a drive but so worth it.  



These drunken doughnuts are their #1 dessert and most popular item on the menu


Of course I'm sad because I can't eat them 


Tyler enjoyed every last bite...





And of course we brought our Wii and played Mario Kart and Super Mario until our noon check out the next day.  


We thoroughly enjoyed this last little getaway before we turn our family of 3 into a family of 4 in 5 short weeks.  Yay.



No comments:

Post a Comment