The Radmalls

The Radmalls

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Turkey Day

Last year I hosted Thanksgiving for the first time.  It was so much fun, but a lot of work.  This year was nice because we got to attend two different Thanksgiving dinners.  One with my family and one with Tyler's.  I didn't have to cook a turkey or worry about table settings.  It was very laid back and I loved every second of it.  I did do the mashed potatoes and gravy but my mom did the brunt of the work.  She is an AMAZING cook.




We can't have a Ballif family get together and not play a game of settlers.  Tyler won of course.


Payton with Papa & Nona.  We were so glad they came up from Las Vegas.


 Now that Payton is older I decided to start a family tradition that helps us remember the true meaning of Thanksgiving.  Every day for the month of November we wrote something that we were thankful for.  I know a lot of people do the tree and "thankful" leaves but I wanted to make it easy on myself.  I just cut out 3 different color slips of paper for each of the 30 days.  Then on December 1st we dump out the container and read them all.  I'm going to save them all for each year.  Hopefully it will be a cool tradition to help us remember how blessed we are.


Most of the time she would just scribble on her paper.  When I asked her what she was thankful for about 50% of the time she said "me" as in herself.  Haha.  To say she has confidence is an understatement.  Whenever people tell her that she is cute she responds by saying "I am!"  I swear I didn't teach her that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment