The Radmalls

The Radmalls

Friday, January 30, 2015

Nesting

Nesting has officially gotten the best of me.  I am so excited to start decorating our little baby boy's nursery.  His room used to be the "I don't know where to put this" room.  It was full of storage boxes, things that needed to be organized, things to sell, the list goes on and on.  So last week we finally got everything put away and put up Payton's old crib, rocking chair and changing table.  We even put up some curtains.  But that is about it.  The walls are completely blank and it is really starting to bother me.  So I have found a way to decorate without having to spend more then $100.


So the curtains (navy blue and white pattern pictured behind the rocking chair) we already had from the Layton house.  The 3 picture frames we already have as well, I just have to paint the two outside frames navy blue.  The arrow and "Be Brave" prints I printed for free at home.  The deer print I am buying off of ETSY for $20.  The Scrabble letter is $12 off of amazon.  We really like the name Oliver but we aren't set on it yet so we won't actually buy that until we see him and decide what name fits.  The splurge item are the grey arrow crib sheets.  They are $50 on ETSY.  I CAN NOT sew so I  don't want to go the cheap route and buy the fabric and make them myself.  That would be a complete disaster.

The thing I am most excited about are the deer antlers.  Tyler shot this 4 point buck last year and we have these awesome antlers.  


We just need to buy a wooden mount and some cool fabric that matches the curtains and make it look something like this.  It can't be too hard right?  


So the total cost is:
Deer print: $15
Scrabbler letter: $12
Arrow crib sheets: $50
Wood mount and fabric: $15

Total: $92


Payton's room is also a work in progress.  Right now there is only one thing up on the wall, but I am working on a gallery wall to go above her dresser that will look like this when I am done.


I have everything already except for the wooden P that I bought for $5 and turquoise paint for the P and the heart frame.  I love decorating for cheap.  It is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment