The Radmalls

The Radmalls

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Out With The Old...In With the New & Improved

So after using our bedspread for 6 months or so I HATED it.  

But I told myself I wouldn't buy a new one unless I could sell this.  So I finally sold it and our bed no longer looks like this.  


I have been dying to get a new headboard for so long and it is still on my wish list.  I also want to switch up the curtains that are behind our bed.  I like the solid blue curtains by the door but I want all three curtains behind the bed to be matching and more subtle.  

So after a lot of time spent looking up fabrics, headboards, nightstands, pillows etc. I finally found everything that I want.  


So in this list we already have the dresser from IKEA and the blue curtains for our french doors.  The dresser I actually have been eyeing for a while.  It is $229 at IKEA, but I actually found someone selling the exact one on ksl for $150.  Score.

Here is a list of where everything else is from and the prices:

                               Curtain Panels - IKEA $12.99 each
                      Headboard - Target $350
Euro Shams - fabric.com $17.98/yd +$12 for 1 pillow
Comforter - Overstock $72 + $18 for king pillows
Throw Pillows - Spoonflower - $17.50/yd + $16 for 2 pillows
Nightstands - IKEA $69 each
Lamps - Target $24.99 each
Gold Pouf - Target $49.99
Arm Chair - Target $279.99
Corral Polka Dot Pillow - Target $16.99
 
                                      Total - around $1250

After selling a few items like our old dresser, the old bedspread, an old camera and some other things I was able to have enough money to buy a few things on the list.

New white comforter - En Route to my house
White & Gold Curtain Panels
Fabric for pillows - My awesome sister in law agreed to make the covers for me
She has her own etsy shop and is amazingly talented.  Check it out.

So now I need to find a few more things in our house to sell in order to complete my dream bedroom.




No comments:

Post a Comment