The Radmalls

The Radmalls

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

30th Birthday Trip

I have always wanted to go to the Pacific Northwest, Oregon in particular.  So for my 30th Birthday we spent a weekend in Portland and it was amazing.   


Top 3 reasons why we LOVED Portland:

1 - The food.  Usually when I go on a trip I have to stay somewhere with a kitchen because of being Celiac I don't have many eating out options.  We didn't use our kitchen once.  Seriously.  Almost every place we went had a gluten free option and I didn't get sick once from cross contamination.  In addition to all the awesome GF options, the food in general is AMAZING.  I wish I would have taken pictures of all the great food we ate.  When we first got in we went to the downtown Farmer's Market.  

  

This is a picture of Payton after trying a shot of oyster in spicy hot sauce.  This was the first and last taste she had but she is really good at trying different foods.   


2 - The people.  They are seriously so nice.  Before coming here I read a lot of blogs and even though everyone mentioned how nice the people are in their blogs you don't really believe it until you experience it. 

3 - The green.  It is so green there.  The pictures don't do it justice.  We went to these amazing Japanese gardens that are 5 minutes from downtown.  It's crazy how close this beauty is to the city. 








We also went to the famous Multnomah Falls.  Wow.  That is all I can say.  But unfortunately our phones died by the time we got to the very top.



Portland Temple






Almost every blog I read said to go to an ice cream place called Salt & Straw.  We drove by the first two days we were there and the line was wrapped around the street.  We came back on the last day and got lucky with no line.  I think it was because it was a monday morning.  It was AMAZING.  Like seriously amazing.  They had some really cool flavors.  And we tried just about every flavor. Some of my favorite were: Pear & Blue Cheese, Honey Lavender, Strawberry Balsamic with Black Pepper.  They sound weird but were so good. 



Portland we loved you and we will definitely be back.  A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment