The Radmalls

The Radmalls

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Top 5 - August 2015


Payton Millie
3 Years 2 Months

1- This girl finally got over her fear of water.  Usually I try to be right by her and help her in and distract her from her fears, but lately I've taken a stand off approach and that seemed to do it.  I should have known because she only likes doing things if they are her idea.  

2 - She is starting to understand the concept of time now.  She always asks me "Can I do it now or in 5 minutes or in 20 minutes?"  Apparently those are the only increments of time she knows though.  The other day I told her that we could play with play dough for 10 more minutes and she immediately said "No mom, how about for 5 minutes?"  For some reason it always has to be 5 minutes.

3 - Payton starts preschool at the end of this month and she couldn't be more EXCITED.  She has this obsession with school buses and she always asks me if she can ride one.  A year ago before preschool was even talked about, I told her that she gets to ride one when she is 5 and goes to school.  Last month when I told her that she gets to start school soon she said, "No mom I don't get to go to school until I'm 5.  I'm only 3 mom."  I stand corrected.  This girl remember EVERY LITTLE DETAIL.

4 - She is the most thoughtful, caring person.  She is always gravely concerned when anyone is injured or hurt.  Not only that but one morning when I woke up I noticed that she had gone to the bathroom all by herself and forgot to flush (which she never does).  I went in her room and she was wide awake playing with some toys on her bed.  I asked her when she went to the bathroom and she said "I went this morning when I woke up all by myself.  And mom I didn't flush so that you wouldn't wake up!"  Are you serious?!? How did I get this lucky?  She is seriously so sweet and considerate.   

5 - Just this past month she has developed a love for dancing.  Especially her "ballerina dancing".  She puts on a big tutu and asks me to turn on ballerina music and she will dance all day long.  She is actually very graceful and it is my favorite thing to watch.  



Cooper Seth
4 Months

1 - Cooper officially mastered rolling over.  He can roll over both ways and he sure does it quick.  

2 - The day he mastered rolling over was also the glorious night that he slept through the entire night. Not only that but it has been a week now of continuous sleep that I thought would never come. It is GLORIOUS.

3 - He is not conservative with giving out smiles, but it is really hard to get him to laugh.  I have been able to do it twice now in the past month and it was HARD.  But it was so worth the effort.  His laugh is so adorable.

4 - This kid LOVES his feet.  He loves to grab his feet.  But he especially loves to suck on his feet.  If he is on his back, those feet are in his mouth.

5 - He doesn't cry a lot, but if I try to feed him when he isn't hungry it is the end of the world.  Sometimes he will go 4-5 hours without eating so I try to feed him thinking he must be hungry, but he will not eat unless he is ready.  

No comments:

Post a Comment