The Radmalls

The Radmalls

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

DI finds!

DI has been my go to decor store.  Picture frames, coffee tables, old books, lamps and random decor.  DI has everything you need.  It just needs a little love.

Here are some of my DI finds.

$15 coffee table

$5 Small table and chair for P


Tons of $1 picture frames like this 
(unfortunately the "R" was not a DI find, but it did only cost $2 from JoAnns on sale)

All you ever need is a little paint.  I used this valspar paint + primer gloss spray paint.  For small projects it is AMAZING!


Because the coffee table was really glossy wood I primed it first before using the spray paint.  I did this a while ago, hence the nasty tile in the master bedroom.


After primed and dry, then you just need to spray...and spray...and spray.  My thumb and forearm were so sore the next day because of all the spraying.


Make sure to do the bottom first and then flip over once it is dry to do the top (I waited only 30 minutes but if you have more time I suggest waiting longer because it was a little sticky)






Before I reveal the afters I want to show a little progress of our living room.  Here is a picture of it freshly painted without any furniture.

Here is our first attempt at furniture.  


We decided the rug was too small so we exchanged it for a larger one.  We also wanted to add some more color.


Here is what our living room looks like now with a few more decorations and picture frames and my amazing DI steals!


We still plan on putting tall white bookcases on both sides of the french doors.  I really love the look of white bookcases with the back painted a fun color like this bookcase from younghouselove.com (one of my favorite blogs)


We will probably paint ours a brighter color (maybe green or a lighter blue)

Here is a close up of the coffee table


All of the books, decorations, frames and art was either free, homemade or from DI.  All of it including the coffee table was only $36.50.  I will blog on the decor and gallery wall above the fireplace in detail later.  I actually made 2 of the pictures myself.  With this close up picture you can probably guess which 2.


I am so glad our fireplace doesn't look like this anymore.


Here is Payton enjoying her new table.



3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love it! The idea with the bookshelves will really be a great finishing touch for the room too! We have a Goodwill back in Indiana but I miss the DIs and their great finds. I have a hard time being patient and finding the right things for decorating and saving money for some bigger splurges. Do you have a Home Goods up in your neck of the woods? I wish we had one closer. . . my favorite store ;) Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do have a Home Goods store and I love it. I am just really cheap right now because this house is costing more than we thought. We weren't expecting to have to replace the whole deck. How long have you been Indiana?

      Delete
  2. Wow! I'm impressed with all you are doing! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete