The Radmalls

The Radmalls

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Summer Happenings

So this is a very quick fast forwarded version of what our little family has been up to this summer because I have been really bad at blogging lately:

May 
I turned 27 and Tyler SPOILED me rotten!  He is too good to me.  He lined up a babysitter for Payton (my amazing mother) took me up to this 5 star hotel in Deer Valley for the evening, bought me this outfit (he picked it all out on his own) and took me to an amazing restaurant.  It was a much needed relaxing weekend.

The best part was the amazing view from the hot tub on the deck


June

We went to Lake Powell with Tyler's family.  It was a blast.  I was a little worried about how Payton would do with the whole life jacket thing, so I put her in the life jacket for 5 minutes everyday for a week before we left to try and ease her into it but she HATED it.  She pretty much screamed the entire time.  Luckily at the lake the only time she would scream in her life jacket was if the boat was stopped.  


Eli and Payton constantly stole each other's food


Nona with all the grandkids


The babies LOVED going fast on the boat



 Payton loved being on land


Playing on the top of the house boat



Payton turned 1 this June!  I made her some blueberry pancakes for breakfast and we sang to her...





...but the song ended early because she got a hold of the candle before I blew it out.  Poor girl...



The whole family on her birthday


So I am a cheapo and my husband is an amazing photographer so we decided to take Payton's cupcake smash pictures ourselves.  When we put the cupcake in front of Payton she wouldn't touch it.  So we had to basically shove frosting in her mouth to show her how yummy it was...but even then she was not having it.  We got a lot of pictures that looked like this.  At this point I was really glad I didn't pay a photographer...


But eventually we got some keepers




 That tissue paper garland was super easy to make thanks to pinterest!  Here are step by step instructions on Linen Lace and Love.

 Opening presents with Grandpa





My sister and her family came to visit for a month from Scotland.  She has a little boy a few months older then Payton and it was their first time meeting!  It was so much fun to hang out with them for a month!  We went hiking, canoeing, swimming and so much more.

This is her cute family!  She is expecting her 3rd in a few months!





Payton and Kal



July

So this has been the month of chaos!  Tyler works up in the Ogden area and has been driving A LOT!  As much as I fought it we decided we needed to move closer to Ogden.  We did a lot of house searching and found a little neighborhood we absolutely love in Layton.  So we moved!  It has been an adjustment living up north but I honestly love it.  It is so pretty up here.  This is a little trail 1 minute away from our backyard that leads to a beautiful reservoir.  



So moving is chaotic especially with a little 13 month old running around grabbing every little thing she can get her hands on.  We got a really good deal on a house in our dream neighborhood, but unfortunately it is a fixer upper.  We have a lot of work to do.  We have been living in it now for a little over 3 weeks and are already burnt out after fixing up just the living room and kitchen.  I will post all of the before pictures in a few days and explain all of our plans. 

Sorry for the long post!


No comments:

Post a Comment